Appeal for witnesses

Police are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision on Middleton Rd, at the junction with Kingsland Rd E8: “Police were alerted at 0844 on 21.4.08 to reports of a male cyclist in collision with a tipper lorry. Police officers, London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service attended but the 36-year-old local […]

Read more
Man killed by lorry on Kingsland Road

It is with great regret that we note another killing by a lorry in our borough. Reports are that a man was dragged from his bike under the wheels of a lorry at about 8:50 this morning at the junction of Middleton Road and Kingsland Road. We know no more about what happened as yet. […]

Read more
Advance notice of enforcement on the A10 Kingsland Road

We have received the following notice of police enforcement against infrigements by cyclists on the Kingsland Road this coming Monday morning: “On Monday 21st April 2008 in the morning, Queensbridge and De Beauvoir Safer Neighbourhood Teams will be carrying out enforcement action on Kingsland Road (the A10), for any traffic offences. This will include any […]

Read more
Council backs 20mph for all its streets

In a historic vote at a full council meeting on 9th April, Hackney Council resolved to adopt a plan of action to make 20mph the standard speed limit on all borough roads, and to pressure TfL to consider introducing 20mph limits on those of our streets which are under their control. Many councillors spoke with […]

Read more
Motion to council for default 20mph speed limit

This Wednesday’s full session of Hackney council will be debating a motion calling on the executive to establish a plan of action to make 20mph the default speed limit on all of Hackney’s borough streets, and to exert its influence on Transport for London to do the same for the streets until its control, starting […]

Read more
Hackney LCC meeting Wednesday 2 April 2008

Minutes incomplete, but these were the main points… INCREASING PERMEABILITY CONSULTATION Alix Stredwick from LB Hackney attended meeting to ask for ideas re; increasing permeability throughout the borough. Various ideas identified & submitted; AGM AGM postponed to July. Meeting agreed that existing management committee would remain in position till then. ACTION: Marian to coordinate. Ideas […]

Read more