Hackney LCC meeting 2nd June 2010

London Cycling Campaign in Hackney

Monthly Meeting

Wednesday, 2nd June 2010

Marcon Court and Aspland Estates Community Hall

Minutes

Present: Michael Cordy (treasurer), Siobhan Owens, Brenda Puech (joint events co-ordinator), Oliver Schick (chair, minutes)

Apologies: Ben Edmonds (joint events co-ordinator), Katie Hanson, Trevor Parsons (co-ordinator)

Agenda:

  1. Minutes and matters arising

  2. Bike Week

  3. Southgate Road/Northchurch Road junction event with ICAG

  4. Anti-bike theft campaign

  5. Well Street/Valentine Road/Terrace Road

  6. Modal filtering west of Well Street/east of Elsdale Street

  7. DIY Permeability Project

  8. cyclestreets.net system for gathering parking location requests

  9. Tesco Morning Lane planning application

  10. Olympics

  11. Bicycle Music Festival

  12. Any other business

  1. Minutes and matters arising

Five people came on the social ride on the 19th May, which visited some of the Superhighway sites.

BE had asked ICAG for a response on the Southgate Road/Northchurch Road junction.

It was unclear whether Trevor had invited Rik Andrew to our meeting. Action carried over.

BP still to respond to Wick Festival with suggestions of how we could help. Action carried over.

MC was thanked for producing a proposed budget for 2010/11.

BP still to enquire about local garages. Action carried over.

RL was not present to update on Mare Street/Well Street anti-rat-run campaign.

RL still to put together a critique of A1207 Graham Road and A104 Dalston Lane between Queensbridge Road to Dalston Junction. Action carried over.

  1. Bike Week

OS volunteered to do Bike the Bounds again on the 19th June (post-meeting note: unfortunately, OS had to cancel this owing to injury)

Other events:

Wednesday 23rd June: London Fields breakfast

Wednesday 23rd June: feeder ride to Tower Hamlets Wheelers’ evening ride

Friday 25th June: feeder ride to Tower Hamlets Wheelers’ Glamour ride

Action: BP to post to mailing list to ask for volunteers.

  1. Southgate Road/Northchurch Road junction event with ICAG

This will be in the evening on Thursday 24th June and is being organised jointly with ICAG. Marian Farrugia leading for LCCiH.

  1. Anti-bike theft campaign

OS brought tags for the campaign to attach to bikes.

  1. Well Street/Valentine Road/Terrace Road

OS briefly explained Trevor’s work on this proposed scheme. Unfortunately, in the absence of scheme drawings it could not be discussed further.

  1. Modal filtering west of Well Street/east of Elsdale Street

Richard Lewis wants to campaign for this. As he was absent, the item was carried over to the next meeting.

  1. DIY Permeability Project

All present were in favour. In Trevor’s absence, the item was carried over to the next meeting.

  1. cyclestreets.net system for gathering parking location requests

In Trevor’s absence, the item was carried over to the next meeting.

  1. Tesco Morning Lane planning application

OS updated on progress. This is going to go to Planning Committee on the 9th June. He will attend and ask to speak.

  1. Olympics

The LCC’s Olympics Group has called for a volunteer from Hackney to work with the group.

Action: SO to mail Arnold Ridout, the Olympics Group co-ordinator.

  1. Bicycle Music Festival

Adam Thompson, who organises, the Bicycle Music Festival asked for a contribution towards the festival. It was agreed to contribute £100.

  1. Any other business

There being no other business, the meeting closed at 9pm.

Date of next meeting: Wednesday, 7th June, 2010.

Minutes of Hackney LCC meeting 2nd June 2010 in PDF